Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can I do black nail polish/manicure without looking Gothic?

I saw this middle aged lady in the grocery store the other day wearing a pretty black outfit with pretty short black nails to match her outfit. I didn't think she looked scary or Gothic, but I'm afraid if I do the same I'll look crazy or Gothic or scary or strange?


Opinions about getting a manicure with black nail polish?Can I do black nail polish/manicure without looking Gothic?
I love dark nails and I'm def not goth, I wouldn't normally go for black though..how about a midnight blue or a dark purple??Can I do black nail polish/manicure without looking Gothic?
Go to a professional manicurist, don't do it at home with a Sharpie pen or whatever. If anything, get a black nail colour with a hint of purple or blue or marroon, it's much nicer! In FASHION (Canadian magazine) I read that grey is a pretty hot colour for nails this fall, so you can try a shimmery YSL grey if you don't like black that much.





It doesn't really matter about what colours you wear: I saw a pretty blonde wearing a black tunic dress, black leggings, and marroon-tinted black nails, but she still looked really fashionable (she wore a peach scarf, a grey handbag and embellished flats)...it's how you wear it!
the only way u can pull that off w/out looking gothic is if u have the tips of the manicure done black. and the rest white. i have this friend that has that done, and shes the kind of grl that nos wats in style. so i would do only the tips of the manicure black. nothing else. that way u wont look scary or gothic. trust me.
You can totally do black. Just make sure your nails are short and the black you choose is shiny,not matte. Also,if you're worried about looking goth or whatever, you can look for a black that has some shimmer to it or put a shimmery clear coat over it instead of a plain top coat.
I actually have two beautiful girls that wear it. It looks good, Gothic is more about what you wear and your hair. Example: If you had on a pair of jeans with a nice top and black nail polish...........Nobody would think Gothic. If you wear the 10 layers of clothes that do not fit with pink, purple hair..............we all think gothic. Black nail polish is nice if it is done tastefully..............
i wear black nail polish, and im pretty sure i dont look gothic. I just make sure my outfit im wearing has a limited amount of black in it, and dont wear too much black eye makeup etc
Black Nail Polish is a teenager thing.








Dark red, or Marroon.





Or a very dark purple.





Not black.
Dont go black
i LOVE gettin my french mannys with black tips...super cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment