Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can you get a manicure that doesn't leave you with shiny or glossy nails?

I've bitten my nails, badly, for about 30 years. Now I'm a guy with nails but not much idea how to take care of them...and I want to keep them. I went with my sister last week, got a manicure, and liked it. It'll help me keep my nails, but they put a shiny clear polish on them. Is there a dull-type polish I can ask for?Can you get a manicure that doesn't leave you with shiny or glossy nails?
You don't need polish and I can't believe they put polish on you. You can have your nails buffed. This is done with a buffing cream and or special nail buffing brick. This will take out the ridges and make a smooth finish to your nails. The final step is a special techniques called shine buff which will permanently leave your nails shiny but WITHOUT nail polish. If you don't want this ask the tech not to buff them to a shine. This is a very old technique still used by PROfessional Nail Techs today. THis is a very health way to do your nails because the buffing stimulates the nail bed and brings blood to the nail surface which feeds the nail with nutrients. Also.....TIP, keep your cuticles soft and plyable by using cream or oil, oil like vitamin e or even ask your tech for a good cuticle treatment you can do at home. Pssst...Olive oil is excellent. :)Can you get a manicure that doesn't leave you with shiny or glossy nails?
Yes, there's a type of nail polish that removes all of the shiny glossiness of the manicure and give the nails a matte finish.





OPI is a brand of nail polish that makes a matte finish nail polish. Just ask the person doing the manicure to give you a coat of it. They should know what you mean.
Tell the manicurist that you don't want any polish.
Yes, dip your finger in tuna and then stick your hands in a bag of cats.
Yes, you just simply say, ';No polish for me please.';
tell them you don't need polish!!! or ask for a dull polish...
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment