Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does it bother you when you go get a manicure and the manicurist (Asian)is speaking to her coworkers?

While doing your nails they speak to each other, not in English, but in their native language. It doesn't bother me, but I know of alot of people that feel offended by it. I guess they think the manicurist is talking about them?Does it bother you when you go get a manicure and the manicurist (Asian)is speaking to her coworkers?
Yes, 'cause you wonder if they are talking about you, and I think it's rude. They should be focused on you.Does it bother you when you go get a manicure and the manicurist (Asian)is speaking to her coworkers?
yeah, and they usually are dirty too. thats why i stopped going to asian places, go to italian ones. they are a lot cleaner and they don't speak in their annoying native language
it used to. but now that i'm a licensed manicurist who's american and have all american co-workers, i know that a lot of their procedures were very unsanitary not to mention illegal...i sum it up as they are just rude people who find a way to quickly make money off of us because we don't take the time to know what proper procedure is and what isn't...on top of the fact that half of them are asking advice b/c they are nort licensed...how do 15 people work in a shop and only one license is displayed???
Ahhh! I hate it. They say something and then they burst out laughing. I wornder if they are talking about me! It is so rude!
I just think its rude, because it makes the customer excluded from what is going on and feel uncomfortable. Good customer service means making your customers feel at home and relaxed, and this doenst do this.
That is rude. Ask them to speak in English.
I think its rude, if you are in a facility were the majority of youre customers speak one language than you should respect that and speak that language. How would they like it if a friend and i went into there shop and spoke spanish the whole time.
OMG YES!!! i can just imagine what they're saying....';omg look at her nails! it looks like she's been digging in the mud! what's with these white girls! let them do their own nails!!'; gah i hate it! i almost asked one of them to stop talking in another language
Yes it makes me uncomfortable
IT does for me!!!!cuz one time they were doing mine they looked at me and laughed!!!!i was WHAT ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT!!!!!it drove me nuts cuz i still want to kno lol
well tht has happ 2 me a lot of times, n yea i sumtimes do feel tht they r talkin abt me( well sumtimes i hve actually found out tht they were talkin abt me!).....but its ok i mean JUS GET UR THING DONE N GET OUT 4M DER!
it bugs me!! If they are in the USA they should speak english!!!
I don't mind if they speak in their language, but sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable %26amp;suspecious, and i wonder if they are talking about me.
Yeah it pisses me of...this is America....they need to learn English and then start using it. They can speak however they want when they are at home, but when they are at work they need to speak English. I don't feel that the US should accommodate to anyone. This is America, adapt to it or leave!!!
Yes, it's just kind of rude...I always feel like they are talking about me, because they look at me, say something and then laugh! Once I actually was with a friend who spoke their language (they didn't know she did) and she said that the lady was saying that I had fat feet! I never went back there again!
Yes it does, so i politely say,';I'm sorry I didn't understand that, what was that you said?'; and most of the time they will switch to english.
i don't mind, because i understand that they know that language better than others and they just feel more comfortable talking in their language. if i moved to china or korea, or any other contry, i would try to speak that native language, but i would speak english to anyone who knew english!
If it makes you feel uneasy don't go to them.
No, I just sit back and relax. At the end I ask them if they had a nice conversation in Mandarin. Usually, this get's them embarassed.
no it does not.
Not really, what bothers me is that I can hardly hear them when they speak to me!!...they speak very softly and the accent is sometimes not understandable
It mostly just pisses me off because this is the U.S. and if you can't speak english don't come here.
It used to bother me a lot, because I thought they were talking about me. Now I realize they have better things to do than discuss their clients all day.
When you talk to these people who are offended by it, give them this scenario...





Imagine that you are working in some sort of service job where you must interface with customers, but the customers speak an entirely different language from you. Your skills with their language are poor to non-existant, but you're very good at the service you provide. The only people who DO speak your language are other people you work with. What would your day at work be like? To whom would you speak? Would you just NOT speak all day??





I would just LOVE to know precisely why these people are offended by these women talking in the language they're most comfortable speaking. Have these offended parties ever considered trying to strike up a friendly conversation?? And why are they so narcisistic that they think these women are talking about them? And even if they are -- so what?





Sorry - the thought that anyone would be offended by that offends me.





Doncha just love the double standard? It's okay for some of you to ignore the person holding your hands, but it's not okay for them to talk to their coworkers in a language they feel most comfortable with?
I AGREE.
It pisses me off. Like they do not respect their customers enough to speak English. I HATE HATE HATE it. You are in Amercia, SPEAK ENGLISH!!! Expecially when you have AMERICAN CUSTOMERS paying for your services!!
yes, because it feels like they are talking about you
Well i have to admit it does make me feel a little aqward knowing that they could be talking about me.
only been once, as i prefer to do my own, didn't feel i was being talked about, but thought it a little rude not to focus on customer...
I just talk about them in English so they can understand me. I talk about how funny it is that I did not shower or pull the fungus out from under my big toe and how bad it must stink. Me friends just laugh and laugh...and then I don't tip.
Sometimes but it's all good. most times they are just asking business related questions. but if they are talking a whole lot it ruins your experience. it's supposed to be relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment